Monday, December 12, 2011

Baking!

This weekend I started Christmas cookies baking. On Saturday I prepared the dough. I did double the recipe for two kinds of cookies. I've only taken pictures of one though. I got tired, and wanted to get it over with asap. The pups hung around for a while, not knowing what was going on. When I started to pound the next dough, before rolling it out, Maggie fled the scene.

Christmas cookies baking

These simple sugar cookies are my favorite ones. I have many different cooky cutters, but I love stars, and hearts the most.

Christmas cookies baking

Since this took a while, the boys got bored, and very sleepy.

Christmas cookies baking

Denny of course was underfoot, as always, hoping that something would fall off the counter.

Christmas cookies baking

Well, they did get some left over cooky dough, and they loved it. Even Happy went in search for more, with his nose up sniffing around in the kitchen. Maybe he just liked the smell of fresh baked cookies.

Christmas cookies baking

Here they are cooling off, before they go into the cooky bin. I was good, only tasted one, or two.

Christmas cookies baking

I used to bake a dozen different kinds of cookies, but I don't have the patience for it anymore. Nevertheless, I'm thinking of doing another couple in the next few days. So far I have three kinds, that should be enough then.

***
Oh, and a big Thank YOU! for those who took the time and voted for my Dangan shawl. I won in the Accessories category. I don't know what I've won yet, but apparently it's on its way to the winners. :o) Carol Feller the Author of this book blogged about it here.

***

7 comments:

momsue84 said...

Yay! Congratulations on your win!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh those look yummy! Now I want to bake and decorate cookies!

JoAnn said...

You have such good "helpers" Love your cutouts!

monica said...

They look so yummy!! Denny reminds me of my Buddy. Always underfoot looking for crumbs.

Susan said...

Congrats on your win! I can smell those freshly baked cookies from here.

Mr. Puffy said...

I'm sorry I missed the contest - but you know you have my vote always :) Happy you won and looking forward to seeing what your prize is!

Your cookies look wonderful and came out perfectly! It does take patience to make these. When it's time to decorate I treat it like an assembly line and lay them all out and quickly ice/sprinkle and move on - LOL

2paw said...

Congratulations on your win.
Oh such gorgeous biscuits, they look so yummy. Two Labradors here stick their heads through the baby gate and look at me with sad eyes. I gave them a little gingerbread dough yesterday!!