Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A contest - not mine - want to know more?

Valerie sent me this lovely pattern of hers, called Daenerys shawl, at the exact moment when I was looking for something easy to knit!
Turns out, I found the most perfect yarn for it in my stash (which is mostly in storage, but I got lucky and found this single skein of Wandering Cat Yarns still out). Your didn't really think I could part with ALL my yarn at once? Have to let go in stages. :o)

Daenery shawl

Valerie and her mom Rhonda are having an anniversary contest, for their Wandering Cat Yarns shop turns one year old! There's plenty of time (until June 19th) and many ways to get a chance of winning this lovely shawl, and some yarn! Read about it here.

Since this shawl is supposed to look like dragon scales, I could not resist, and use this yarn, even though it's only 400yds, and you'll need ~ 600yds for the original version, but the name of the colorway is - Georges dragon!!! How could I not use it? It's going to be a shawlette, but that's fine. I'll expect to finish it in the next couple of days.

And for those who just can't be without a picture of the pups, here's one of my favorites (and there are many):

May 7 -nap # 2

I love them when they are sleeping!

***

19 comments:

2paw said...

Happy and Denny look like angels, they look so sweet!! there is quite a lot of sister;y and brotherly love about today!!! Gorgeous wool, I love it and the pattern too!!

CelticCastOn said...

ack total sweetness!
I've yet to try Wandering Cat yarns, the pattern really makes this yarn pop.

momsue84 said...

Oh, what a dear, sweet picture of the pups! That belongs on a calendar or in a book. Warms my heart just to look at it!

Michelle said...

Such sweet boys. It's a good thing that you left some yarn out to knit with!

Charlene said...

There's nothing like zoning out and knitting an easy lace pattern. Mind you your easy is very different from my easy. You amaze me how fast you get projects done, and that's got to be the cutest picture of the boys.

Anonymous said...

And now they sleep! This photo should be on a Calendar! So precious! A great memory caught on film! :)

Freyalyn said...

One would almost imagine they were fond of each other! Lovely green in the yarn..

Anonymous said...

Hattest Du mal "Angst" wegen diesen beiden, Monika? ;oD

Ich staune, wie fotogen, sie sind! Meine schauen immer weg oder wachen sofort auf und trotteln weg, wenn sie das Kamera klicken hören! ;oD

LG Hanne,CH.

Susan said...

Oh, that puppy pic is priceless!!

Frieda said...

What a fantastic photo , priceless! It's hard to believe that they can be devils when they look so utterly angelic .

Love the shawl , the colour is perfect for the pattern !

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I love to see your little ones cuddled up and getting along so well!

I love the Wandering Cat Yarn that I used for my little elephant. It worked out perfectly!

Love that dragon scale pattern.....

Robin said...

Love the shade green in this shawl. My favorite color! The pups are just too cute!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwww love that pic......they look gorgeous snuggled up like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's one of the best dog pictures you've ever posted! It's simply adorable.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Your boys are so adorable!

Shawl is looking great - I've always wondered what that colourway would look like knit up

Sharon said...

Thank you for the contest information, I'm going to hop right over to their site.

Doggies sleeping is such a cute picture! I guess he best behaved puppies are sleeping ones!

ikki said...

Your dogs are so cute. I almost feel those when I close my eyes...Give a hug to them from me.

A he bag You got. It is lovely. I have to try if I can do something like that...

Knatolee said...

Great photo of the adorable doggies!

Natys said...

OMG i remember when denny came, happy never thought this would be possible

No one can resist that arrow tail

That shawl looks great, i want to see it finished and blocked.
Hugs