Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Part 2- better lined drawstring bags

Mother's Day Flowers.



Did I mention I LOVE bags, pouches, totes, anything which holds anything? And I want to learn new things, always. There is this tutorial (isn't Internet wonderful informative?) at Happy Things for a lined drawstring bag. It's a tiny one, only about 6"x7", but you can use up all your left over fabrics. They make cute little gift bags. My camera was very happy in it for a while. Unfortunately I couldn't get a nice shot of the inside. I used red fabric with tiny little white tots on it. This was of course a trial (with no noticeable errors). But - I had a bigger gift bag in mind.


The following is the big brother gift bag version of the tiny one. A friend of mine is going to get this with the yarn I'll put in it. She reads this blog, but will never guess it's for her. That's why I can show you this.

The inside fabric has little blue stars on it.



Here's the yarn. It's Artyarns Silk Rhapsody, color # 141. It's a totally wonderful color combination. I would LOVE to keep it, but I'm strong. You can get it at Judy's online store. As so often, the colors don't show up as well as they look when holding in hand.





And there's a wet dog, inspecting ...



... and approving of both, bag and yarn.



stay tuned for Part 3 ...











And there's some knitting content as well, even though it's not me knitting it. Deb made my Sakura shawl, and it turned out wonderful! She did a great job! You really can use any kind of yarn, and it will look good.




One thing's for sure. I'm fighting the urge to cast on socks. I'm addicted. I think I know now how people with addictions feel, when they can't get their fix! But it's ridiculous, haven't I enough projects going on , to just want to knit one sock after another? What IS IT about sock knitting? I guess I have to hide my sock yarn and try to forget it for a while. Out in the open as it is, the temptation is almost too great. Any all you bloggers with these wonderful socks all the time DON'T HELP! ;o)





9 comments:

Dave said...

Oh, go ahead and cast on. One little sock won't hurt. ;-)

That silk is gorgeous!

sgeddes said...

Your friend will love that yarn. the colors are beautiful!

I've got to try my hand at making one of those little bags. It will be a reason to get out the sewing amchine.

Teresa said...

Ooo..I love little pouches too. Except, so does my daughter. She's 4 and finds any pouch I make just perfect for her little toys. I think she's going to be an accessory girl.

I love to make socks too, but so does my husband. I never even get to wear them after I've made them. He usually says, "but they feel soooo nice." :D

Susanne said...

Hallo Monika,
uiuiui, hier ist ja viel passiert, seit ich das letzte Mal hier war. So viele schöne Dinge, die Du gemacht hast: die Socken, das Kissen, die Tasche ... ganz ganz toll. Das Bild von Hannah zum Muttertag ist übrigens ein echtes Kunstwerk. Sie hat offenbar ganz genau studiert, welch zufriedenen Gesichtsausdruck Du stets trägst, wenn Du strickst. Du kannst sehr sehr stolz auf Deine Tochter sein.
Es war wieder mal schön bei Dir.
Bis bald
Susanne von Knit and Relax

Frieda said...

Love the bag and sock yarn ! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I've long wanted a little bag to carry my socks in progress. I'm all thumbs when it comes to sewing but I might give it a try . BTW, this is the first time that i'm contributing to Dulaan. After the last little socks are done , I'll just pop them in a padded envelope and mail them. I'm hoping it won't cost too much. The other charity knitting I've done is for Afghans4 Afghans and you can mail any items to elaan.com. They're located in BC .I don't usually send too much at a time , so that shipping costs aren't too bad.

Kris B said...

Your bags are adorable. LOL about the socks. I almost always have a sock in the making on needles. I don't necesarily work on them very much but I have to have a pair on the needles. Your mini skien of BFL is looking really good, very nice.

Strickfimmel said...

Wunderschöne kleine Taschen und ein sehr schönes Garn. Sieht verstrickt bestimmt toll aus. Haupsache Du hast Spaß am Nähen, was soll's, die Socken, die noch stricken willst, laufen Dir nicht weg.

eyeleen said...

lovely little pouches! Go ahead, cast on for socks, you know you want to...

hakucho said...

That pouch really makes a nice gift bag. Your friend will love the yummy yarn that's inside. I know I can't believe my eyes...Monika is resisting casting on another pair of socks ;)

I'm sure it won't be long...