Sunday, May 06, 2007

Another short, bad night!














I thought, since I've been up since before dawn, freezing my butt off on the balcony, I'd share the experience. No spectacular sunrise today. But the bird songs are priceless! Just lovely! O.K. there's the sun!






Another thing I want to share are these pictures of my oh - so - well - fitting socks! I LOVE them. They fit so well and are great for when it's not so cold anymore, but you still need some socks on your feet. (This morning I had some woolen socks on, and glad about it.) Anyway, the stitch pattern does not stretch very well, but we knew that already. I don't like slouchy socks, and these are perfect.






Want to see my new socks? I'm just a little further with the first one. It's a cotton blend again. I'll knit up all my cotton blend yarns, now that it's getting warmer. The stitch pattern is from my Knitting calendar again. But I've put them aside for now. I've been knitting some Magic Mosaic squares the past couple of days. I never know when I'll change my mind. I usually stick to what I'm planning to do, but lately I change my mind faster than Sam can let a treat disappear! I don't like that, and hope to get out of this state soon.





I've also bought some more fabric to make some bags. Looking forward to this, actually. These fabrics will be three bags, they are not meant to go together. This is also an early morning shot, the sun is still struggling to come up.




Oh, yeah, and Sam is always on my side, no matter how early or how late. Good soul!




16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaah, it's nice to have a friend to keep you company at all hours. Those are some beautiful sunrise pictures. I was pleasantly surprised when it got to the feets in socks shot. Cute. I woke up to fog this morning and when I let the dogs out the sounds were all muffled. I love fog.

Sue J. said...

Lovely socks and wonderful dog. That truly compensates for the early rising. Idiots with fireworks in our back yard last night have sent Wolfie to the basement. Had to medicate him for anxiety. We had a late night, early rising, too. The new socks are lovely. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wunderschöne Socken sind Dir da gelungen!! Auch Deine neuen gefallen mir sehr - erinnert mich an das Broadripple-Muster aus der Knitty, das ich gerade selbst stricken :-)

Liebe Grüße und einen Krauler an Deine zwei weißen Freunde :-)
Tanja

Violiknit said...

Nice sunrise, but sorry about the lack of sleep...those new socks look so cute!

Tracy Purtscher said...

So the thought of multiple UFO's is an alien frame of mind for you. ;-) You wish the feeling would go away? Oh Darlin' would that it be so, it's a body snatching thing. Really. Once it's started there is no turning back! LOL

Just wondering...can you go to the bathroom without Sam? IdaMae and Ben accompany me in there too, although when it's hot day they will usually just sit at the door during my shower. lol.

shannon said...

i love the look on sam's face. kind of like he wishes you could sleep so that he also could go back to sleep...

he's a good friend indeed.

Anonymous said...

I love it when I get up and can watch the sunrise. It's always such a peaceful beautiful time. Now that Simon is such a good sleeper I should set my alarm and get up exra early (not all the time, maybe just once every week or so)

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful socks!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it was a short night for you, but I'm glad you took the pictures so I could watch the sun rise in ON!
The tangerine socks look perfect on your feet and the new zigzag socks are pretty too!
Hope tonight goes better...

Anonymous said...

Pretty dawn pictures, pretty socks!

Aw, that's sweet of Sam to keep you company. Hez wouldn't get out of bed like that for me!

Anonymous said...

I think that went through anonymously - 'tis I!

T-Mom said...

Sorry you had a bad night. At least you've got Sam. What a beautiful face he has.
Sam and Biko remind me a bit of Taenzer and Timber. Taenzer's always with me. Timber's back in his crate right now. Taenzer's right here with her head in my lap.

eyeleen said...

I love the sky pictures, I'm never up that early anymore. It's good that Sam likes to get up with you, such a sweetie!

As always, amazing socks!! I love the orangey color.

hakucho said...

Love your finished socks! They are just perfect :)
Your new one look very interesting too. Very pretty colors.

happy knitting :)

meg said...

lovely pictures of the sunrise. i like being up that early to catch the sunrise but it usually means i'm not sleeping well which i'm not fond of either.

hopefully, you are getting more z's in.

Strickfimmel said...

Was soll ich sagen? Superschöne Fotos und extraklasse Socken.