Thursday, May 03, 2007

No knitting, but still about fiber!

This I just had to share with you! Dawn of www.wildyarn.wordpress.com (sorry about that link thing, it's not working out for me today) gave me the "Tip of the Year"! It's the "FURminator" a handy, dandy tool to relieve your shedding dogs (or cats I suppose) of their heavy, itchy burden - fiber - I mean winter coat!

Last night I got to work on Sam, Biko being not so pleased about it (David can deal with her). What you see here on my table is one grocery bag full of dog hair. This is ONE bag, I had two vacuum bags full as well, but didn't want to take a picture of those. You can guess, how much that was! I thought I had a new puppy! Sam lost half his weight just being groomed with this tool. I'm soooooooo pleased you have no idea! ;o)

Want a closer look of the wonder tool?

You just have to stroke it over the body, it's like petting your dog, with just an insane amount of hair coming off.
Sam was so happy, he rolled around on his back and played with his poor "white" bear. Biko was watching from a safe distance. Now she looks like an old rag compared to Sam.


And here's a shot of one of his paws. His paws are huge! ;o)
So, now that I've shared this important news with you, I go bug my dog some more! ;o)

20 comments:

shannon said...

it's nice to know there is someone else out there who takes so many photos of her animals! and what beautiful creatures they are!!!

Sue J. said...

I am so going to find one of those. Wolfie will love it. Thanks for the post. Could you knit a sweater from all that fur?

Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

When I saw the first picture, I thought you were showing us some fiber you were planning to spin! LOL That is an impressive amount of dog hair!

Unknown said...

Wenn ich sie finde, dann schicke ich dir den Link für dankbare Abnehmer solcher Wollberge - die verarbeiten diese Wolle zu netten Stricksachen...
jetzt kann die Hitze kommen!
Grüßle Sabine

sgeddes said...

I'd love to have one of those! I'll have to get one for Sherman.

Are you going to spin that up fro knitting?

Anonymous said...

Does that tool work better than an undercoat rake?

I need to brush my girls. They're looking so ratty. Thanks for the kick in the butt!

hakucho said...

Wow..I had never heard about the "FURminator"...what a great invention and I bet besides making your babies feel better ...it saves your house from a ton of dog hair all over the place :)

Can you spin the dog hair ? just curious...it's so nice and white and fluffy ;)

Anonymous said...

What did you do before? I tell you, if we didn't brush that stuff out, we would live with "fur cotton balls" all over the house! it is wonderful to see them after all that fur is off and they feel better cause they don't scratch as much to get it off themselves--YAY!! We really should spin it, don't cha think?

Knitted Zebra said...

I just heard about this on Saturday. I am so glad to know it works! Sasha desperately needs this! Now to locate one.

Hugs from Sasha, Samson and Gabi.

Delores

Violiknit said...

I also thought that was all for spinning....wow...so much hair is in one doggie winter coat!

Anonymous said...

I thought that pile of fur was a puppy at first! Now you can spin it up.

Unknown said...

My dogs like soft toys too. They carry tem around and cuddle them too.

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful dogs.
My mum has one of those brushy coat thinning things for her golden retriever - they both love it!

Anonymous said...

Now, this is perfect indeed! And I can't believe the cuteness of Sam's paws - priceless!

Charles said...

She is such cuite pie~~
I can't wait to see you spin does hair!!!
LOOKS beautiful~~~

Visit my knitting blog too!!

Thanks,dqvgk

Charles

Strickfimmel said...

Oh Monika, so viel Hundehaar! Du wolltest doch anfangen zu spinnen? Wie wäre es mit einem kuscheligen Pullover aus edlem weißem Hundehaar? Bei der Menge würde sich das bestimmt lohnen. Übrigens habe ich mit Luna Glück; sie haart eigentlich so gut wie gar nicht. Wie denn auch, bei dem kurzen Fell (lach).

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! That's a lot of fur, what a great little contraption.

You have beautiful dogs.

Anonymous said...

oops! that was me :-)

T-Mom said...

I wonder if that thing would work on Timber? Are you going to spin up Sam's coat, or have it spun? That beautiful white would make wonderful yarn.
I've got 5 paper grocery bags full of undercoat from my "heart dog," Stella, and I think I'm going to have to learn to spin it myself.

eyeleen said...

what a wonderful tool. it's amazing how much hair they have!