Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Done, done and done!



Finishing this Blanket was my Easter weekend project. This one was hard to take a nice picture off because of the colores (or the lack thereof). Anyway, I'm pleased with the border. I was horrified of sew-on borders and raked my brain to come up with an alternative. I am the worst when it comes to sewing knitted items. So, yeah, a big pat on my sholder. It's just a pitty that I haven't used a nicer yarn. I will never use this one again. I still hope Daniela and her Baby will like it.

As a reward for finishing it yesterday, I ordered some yarn online. I have an idea for another blanket inspired by the "Mason-Dixon" Ladies and their book. "Log Cabin" mean anything to you? But before that I'll have to finish the Dresser Scarf and hopefully the Artyarns Regal Silk will arrive in the mail today? soon? ever?

1 comment:

Abigale said...

I love the border on the baby blanket! Great idea! I've already been thinking about how I wanted to finish off my off-center log cabin... this has given me one good idea. Did you pick up and knit straight out along each side, and then pick up two edges of the side stitches for the miters? That's how I'd do it anyway....

I'm also thinking maybe picking up stitches around the entirety and just doing more log cabin strips...

And I'm thinking of maybe doing a sideways knitted on edging...

Of course I have a loooong time before I even get to that point (if I ever even do LOL) - but figuring out what I want to do next might just help me to keep up some kind of steam.

Have fun!! Can't wait to see the blocks you've finished on yours.

Abi