To continue the Galactic Melt saga from last post.
I arranged the fiber into little balls, and spun them one after each other. I had two of those fiber balls assembly lined up, but the camera malfunctioned when I took pictures, and before I noticed, I had started spinning. I did divide the far left blue-ish ball into half, and put one of them before the second to last on the left, so that there would be three blue stripes throughout the sock, but I never got to the third blue stripe in my sock knitting; the sock was done before that.
Lovely yarn cakes.
And here are the finished socks. You can kind of see the little cable I've knit down one side of the socks.
They are not totally machty-machty, but I don't care. One can see that they belong together. I weight the fiber, once divided up for both socks, and some of the balls were off about two grams. That's' a lot in fiber, and you can see it in the difference of the length of each stripe, plus of course I'm not a machine and the spinning isn't as even as it could have been.
I've knit them toe-up, as I like to do with handspun yarn. Even though I had a lot of left over, with ~ 556yds, that didn't surprise me either. I'm planning on using it for fingerless mittens eventually.
When knitting toe-up socks, I use Fleegle's toe up socks pattern by Susan Glinert Stevens. They are just the perfect fit every time, no matter what yarn or needle size I'm using.
I've added three garter ridges before I started the cuff, just so I didn't get bored, but there was not much chance of that, because they went so fast. I used 2.5mm needles, if anybody wants to know.
This was once again a fun project. I'm having a hard time sticking to projects made with commercial yarns at the moment.
♥ ♥ ♥