Sunday, January 01, 2012

Reminder Lesson!

Well, hello there! Did you all make it safely to the New Year? We had less fire works than usual, maybe the drizzling rain had something to do with it.

We had a rainy, slushy day today. The visitors are gone, and the house, and it's occupants slowly are getting back to normal. (Hey, Halifax! My daughter's back in town! Treat her right, O.K.!)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The pups are still a little stressed, and grumpy. So, when Happy finally settled down tonight, I wanted him to stay in his bed, but that's not up to him. Usually Denny throws him out, and snuggles in himself. So I said, "Denny, go to your place!" and pointed to the heap of blankets on the floor (artfully arranged by me, especially for him).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No back talk, Mister D!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

You bore me! Go away, I'm still the boss.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

O.K. - O.K - you be the boss.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Is she still watching me?

You bet, D-man!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Oh well, it's actually quite comfortable here!

***
Something note worthy, because out of the ordinary: December 30, in the afternoon. Denny finds a duck in our backyard. Denny chases duck. Duck gives him the wing, and escapes unharmed (barely). Actually, it was a male Mallard. What's HE doing here at this time of year?

***




13 comments:

momsue84 said...

Milo is happy to have life back to normal, too. He loves visitors, but likes it when they leave, too. Gee, kind of like me!! I thought I was the only one who makes a bed out of blankets for my pup. :D

lexa said...

Denny reminds me SO much of my Maggie! lol She would have chased the duck, too. When I take her for a walk if she sees a crow, cat, squirrel... well, I have to hold on tight!

monica said...

Happy New Year to all of you! I am glad the house is back to normal for the pups. :)

CelticCastOn said...

heheh Poor Happy doesn't get a minutes peace.
There are ducks still around here too. I think they might be getting confused with this odd weather.

Anonymous said...

I have the same conversations with my shepherd Kodiak lol. Tank will collapse just about anywhere and stay but Kodiak is so BUSY!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh that Denny!

I bet the mallard is still around because there is still so much open water!

Susan said...

Denny, Denny, Denny.... you do like to keep your mom on her toes, don't you?

A duck?? I know it's been a mild winter but I thought ducks migrated based on the number of hours of daylight. That duck is likely to regret not going south when the real winter weather hits.

Lorraine said...

Monika- Is someone trying to be the alpha dog here?

Knatolee said...

Love the dog photos!! WE still have plenty o' mallards around here. I saw a Great Blue Heron the other day, too. :( They should be gone by now!

Sharon said...

I think you scored some peace for Happy and some 'boss' points with Denny. LOL

If the ducks and geese in my area didn't have enough sense to leave yet, they're going to be mighty cold this week. Winter has finally arrived.

Virginia G said...

Dogs are so awesome. :)

michelle said...

oh my gosh! your dogs are so funny! =D

due to a computer reformatting, i totally blanked on the name of your blog (eventhough i visit frequently). i googled happy, denny & maggie. your blog was the first hit! LOL

2paw said...

I'm glad everything is back to normal, and that you are The Boss of Denny. he's so funny, I love his expressions, How nice for Happy to have his own bed and I hope Maggie is feeling well?? Hurray for your daughter being back, that's lovely news.