Friday, June 24, 2011

Handspun Friday - Gunslinger

Gunslinger: SCF May 2011 Fiber Club, Oatmeal BFL, 3.9oz

SCF-May 2011 Fiber Club-Oatmeal BFL-Gunslinger

SCF- May 2011-Gunslinger-3.9oz-277yds, 3-ply

SCF- May 2011-Gunslinger-3.9oz-277yds, 3-ply

I've got 277yds, 3-ply. It's actually a little darker, but the camera wouldn't cooperate. At least this way one can see all the colors nicely. I like spinning any kind of BFL.

***
I've joined another KAL, just could not help myself. It's Through The Loops Summer Shawl KAL. You have to be a member of Kirsten's Raverly group though. There will be prizes at the end. I have chosen to knit Andrea's shawl. I've had this pattern for quite some time, and never got around to knitting it. I'm using some handspun yarn.

Sprout - handspun

***
The pups are fine. We've had thunderstorms every day, and also during the nights. The pool filled up with rain water. Denny was a little spooked by thunder, and snuggled close to me. Nothing out of the ordinary happened with the pups. I've found out that Denny is grumpy whenever I'm grumpy, and vice versa. Happy has learned to open the lid where the filter basket of the pool is, because his floating toys get trapped there. I still have to get it out for him though.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

***

7 comments:

momsue84 said...

I'd love to join the KAL, but I'm up to my eyeballs in plunges (26 pair), a Mystery KAL(Kitman Figueroa), and Romi's new ebook (trying to finish the old Ebook). I love Andrea's Shawl. Such a beautiful pattern. Milo was spooked by a storm last night, too. Have a terrific weekend!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I kinda wish I hadn't joined any KALs! Too much pressure!!!

My cats don't seem to notice the thunder unless it's shaking the house. Then they just want to snuggle!

Beverly said...

Gorgeous yarn.

I started to join this one. I love her patterns and have several, but have yet to knit, but since I've failed miserably at most I've joined I decided it was best to bypass this one.

I can't wait to see what you knit.

Claudia Bugh said...

That's so sweet that Denny mirrors your moods :) The knit along is tempting....

Beautiful spinning too, as always. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sharon said...

If I had seen gunslinger on the shelf, I would have passed it by, but seeing it spun up I'd have regretted it. The colors blended together so nicely. I love what you made it into. (BFL is my favorite to spin, too.)

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

I always say the same thing for Fridays. Yum yum yum. But what else is there?
Loani

2paw said...

Your gorgeous pups make me laugh!! Happy is so clever and that Denny is worth his weight in frilly knickers!!