Friday, May 06, 2011

Handspun Friday - Magnolia

When I can I'm participating in FatCatKnits SAL (spinalong) each month, with a special colorway (voted on) from her shop. April's colorway was Magnolia. There are many bases to chose from, and mine was on Falkland.
It was a pleasure to spin. I think it's my favorite fiber at the moment. I had 6oz to play with, more than it could fit on one bobbin, so I had to get creative.

FCK-Magnolia-6oz-Falkland

I didn't want to get the colors all mixed up, so I separated the colors as much as possible.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I will use them both together in one project, starting to knit with the green/orange/orange/purple. I was thinking I'll give Daybreak by Stephen West another try, but first I need to get a contrasting colorway, either handspun, or commercial. I'm not sure yet.

Magnolia

fiber: Falkland
yarn: chain plied, total of 580yds, approximately Sport weight

Magnolia

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
***

Wanted to add a video of the pups. They enjoy the warmer weather. Maggie plays with tennis balls like a cat. Happy wants to play with me, but he does not want to give up the ball.

17 comments:

Dreams of Yarn said...

Wow, your handspun is so gorgeous. I love stopping in to see what you have been up to and I just adore what you do with your spinning. Very lovely.

Knatolee said...

YUMMY yarn colours!

knottygnome said...

love the bright vibrant colors. your skeins are just beautiful and they'll make a gorgeous shawl!

Bea said...

wunderschöne Farben. Und der ausgesuchte Schal eignet sich perfekt dafür. Ich würde kein gekauftes Garn dazustricken. Du hast doch bestimmt noch was selbstgesponnenes im Stash wie ich Dich kenne.

Grüßle, die Bea

Päivi, Lankakomero said...

Lovely yarns, colours are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

The handspun looks great! I love those purply red colors :) You are a true master spinner!

Michelle said...

I was thinking about spinning magnolia but I just have too much fiber already. I like that you kept your colors separated.

faith76 said...

Beautiful colours especially the green and the orange x

Cloudberry said...

Just love those colours!!
Have a great weekend :)

Stadtwaldvogel said...

Hi Monika,

I love how you seperated the colors and spun two completely different yarns!
Have a great weekend!

Yours, Julia

Virginia G said...

that fiber is just gorgeous. You did an amazing job spinning it. And yeah, I think Daybreak would be an awesome knit for it!

Life's a Stitch said...

Nice bright pictures for our very grey weekend. Happy has the perfect name.

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful yarn. I like what you did with the colors. I think a daybreak would look wonderful.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That is some crazypants cool yarn - love the colours!

runswithneedles said...

I LOVE your handspun. It's simply lovely.

I was hiking today and saw a woman with a white GSD. I immediately thought of you, Happy and Maggie. :)

monica said...

Your yarn is beautiful!!

Happy plays ball just like my Ella used to play ball. I would get lots of knitting done waiting for her to drop her ball. Sometimes I would get so impatient I'd yank the ball right out of her mouth! :)

Susan said...

I love how you spun up that colorway in separate batches!

Denny doesn't 'do' tennis balls?