Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Friends!

As a teenager I had three pen pals from other countries, which required some English skills on my part ( I did say -some), to communicate with them, at least for a while. There was this girl from England, another one from Turkey, and one girl from Jamaica. We wrote to each other for a while, the Jamaican girl being the one, who wrote even as we were adults, and had our own children. Don't know exactly how it ended, or why.

Today, I find myself with pen pals, via email once again, all over the world, and it's a wonderful feeling! I don't like to travel, but I do like to hear from all over the world, and what better way than to use the internet. I've found many friends this way, lost some, and found new ones.

One such a wonderful friend is Christa from London, England! We've been writing each other for some time now, not often, but just enough to keep up on how we are doing. I must admit, that this last year, I did not keep up with my pen pals, as much as I would have normally liked, but I vowed to myself, that I would be better from now on. It's just that I have to be in a "good" place myself, to feel like writing. I'm always open to listening though.
Anyway ...
Today I had a wonderful surprise! When I went to pick up the mail, I found a huge package in my mail box. I first wondered what it was that I'd ordered, and could think of nothing. Soon enough I knew who it was from, and I could not get home fast enough. I'm such a child, when it comes to surprise packages! No careful opening of the envelope, but tearing into it, like a hungry lion into his prey (oh, I know, gross, but that's me).
But looky here, that's what I found inside, worth the mayham:
Christa's b-day gift - wow
I just realized the Jelly Belly's didn't make it to the photo shoot. I've never had any, because I thought they are hard candy. Well, actually I thought Jelly Beans are hard candy, I've never heard of Jelly Belly's before. But now they are all gone. I tasted one, and the rest had to follow. Each one had a different taste, and they were chewy!!! And good. RIP-Jelly Bellies!
Christa remembered, that Milka chocolate is my all time favorite chocolate, and she sent me THREE different kinds. All yummy I'm sure, but I'm holding back.
I don't know how she knew that green is my favorite color (wink-wink), but there they were, two balls of Regia sock yarn, in a lovely shade of green! The camera didn't quite catch the hue, but close enough. Don't know yet, what pattern I'll use, but I know they will be for me!
Oh and lets not forget the lovely card, and the awesome knitting magazine! It's the latest issue of "The Knitter", a special gift edition. And last but not least a bag, of course it will be a project bag for me. It's from Victoria and Albert Museum in London. The pattern is called "Chrysanthemum". Just lovely!

A big THANK YOU, my dear friend Christa!
***

10 comments:

KarenD said...

What a great surprise package!

CelticCastOn said...

So fun! I had penpals growing up too, quite a lot of them but I losts touch with all of them which is sad but to be expected.
Such a wonderful package from your friend.

Carrie#K said...

Packages and friends! A dynamite combination.

Along with the three kinds of milk chocolate. YUM.

Walden said...

How wonderful!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love mail presents! And Jelly Belly's are awesome!

Virginia G said...

Awesome package! I love surprises. :)

Kathy... said...

OH, what a wonderful surprise! How fun is that! I would have torn into it quickly too. Love the Regia yarn - can't wait to see what you knit up with it. Enjoy the goodies....

La Cabeza Grande said...

This is one of the things about the Internet that I really enjoy: making friends whom you may have never met.

And Jelly Bellies? Just little pops of mouthwatering delicious.

BTW, very belated Happy Birthday wishes.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

What an AWESOME gift!!!! The Knitter is such a beautiful magazine and all the lovely items she included are perfect for you :)

Steve has said the same thing - with a blog it's like having pen pals all over the world. While I wanted a pen pal as a kid I never had one.

Beverly said...

Lovely suprise package.It is always good to get good surprises.

I love Jelly Belly's. Especially the watermelon and sour apple.