Sunday, November 14, 2010

And we have Winners!

Thank you all for your lovely birthday wishes! I had a wonderful day, with lots of fibery goodness, and a delicious cake.
Moni's birthday cake-1

My son ordered it from an Austrian Restaurant, next town over. It's a Sacher Torte, and it was delicious. Very moist, and no whip cream needed. I did freeze a large portion of it, so we can celebrate in December, when the whole family comes together.
Now, lets get down to business:

Winner of my handspun "Pie for Everyone" yarn is: Dagny.

Winner of the "Magic Mushroom" fiber is : Zizi

Congratulations to the winners! Please send me an email with your mailing address!
***
I've been working on unpacking over the weekend, especially my yarn, and fiber, and I finally could get my hands on my handspun yarn bins. I was looking through them, and picked a few for my shop, which is now updated with new handspun yarn. Enjoy!
***
PS Wanna see my new spinning chair? Sure you do: I'm in LOVE, it's so comfy, just need a rug, so the spinning wheel wont slide.
my new comfy spinning chair
***

15 comments:

ZiZi said...

Wouw Monika!!!! Komme eben von einer 2-tägigen Ausstellung zurück und bin jetzt fast vom Stuhl gefallen *gg*
Ich habe gewonnen! Ich kann es kaum glauben! Bei so vielen Teilnehmern ... und ICH habe gewonnen! Vielen herzlichen Dank!
Schicke dir heute Abend noch meine Daten per Mail.
Ich bin hin und weg - kann mich mal jemand kneifen *giggel*

Deine Sachertorte sieht echt himmlisch aus!

Hab vielen lieben Dank für diese tolle Verlosung und überhaupt - für ALLES!

Herzliche Grüsse - ZiZi

Walden said...

The torte looks delicious! The chair looks comfy, white, you are brave . . . I'm a klutz, it wouldn't stay white long.

Congrats to the winners!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Congrats to the winners! And stop putting pretty things in your shop! It makes me want to spend money!

Michelle said...

First: Congrats to the winners!
Second: That cake looks so yummy!
Third: Yay for a new chair! Hopefully you can get to spinning again soon once you're all unpacked.

Susan said...

That chair really does look perfect for spinning. Comfy with good support.

Now I want cake.

CelticCastOn said...

ahhhh chair, walls, floors together.... BLISS!! That is one gorgeous chair!! Can't wait to see the rug you pair with it.
Yummy cake!

2paw said...

Fabulous cake, very thoughtful cake too, as it can be froze!!
Does your wheel sit on a chair of its own? I am a bit hazy on spinning details!!

Virginia G said...

Your spinning chair is lovely. And I REALLY love that green paint. It is awesome. If we hadn't repainted earlier this year I would be all over redoing something in our apartment in that color.

knottygnome said...

wow that chair is awesome! i love it. hope you had a great birthday!

shannon said...

the chair with that green is GORGEOUS!!!

yea for the winners!

Kim said...

Congratulations to the winners. I painted my kitchen and keeping room that shade of green last year and I am still in love with it.

Clare said...

Lovely chair and the cake looks delicious. Where is the Austrian bakery in Aurora (or the next town)? Would love to buy this cake - was it as good as what you get in Austria?
Clare

Friederike Shepherd said...

Sachertorte, Kaffee mit Schlagobers...schmatz! :-)
Congratulations to the winners!
Ach...that chair...it's gorgeous! Will one of your precious four legged boys curl up in it?
Gruesze aus Indiana
Fritzi

susannasplace said...

Nachträglich noch alles Liebe zu Deinem Geburtstag. Ich hoffe die Sachertorte hat geschmeckt :).


LG Susi

hakucho said...

That cake looks wonderful...almost too pretty to cut into, but I bet it was delicious!!