This spring I dyed a few bumps of Norwegian fiber. This was one of them. Tomato & Aqua mainly. I love this color combo. I wanted to make sock yarn with it. Norwegian fiber is rough, but it will do for socks. My feet can take it.
It turned into over twisted navajo plied yarn. Looked at the cute curls on top! Well, over twisted yarn is hard yarn, rope like, even if it's fingering weight rope. I still wanted to knit socks with the yarn. (~ 243yds)
Since I thought 243yds would not give me a pair of socks for my size 11 feet, I made them toe up, and thought lets knit until I run out of yarn. I divided the yarn into two balls (with a scale). As I was sure I had not enough yarn, I looked for something in my stash for the cuffs and heels. I found some Regia sock yarn. I think it turned out O.K.
Here they are, toe up socks, with afterthought heels. It's a good example for over twisted yarn. See how the stitches slant to one side? I do love how the yarn striped however. I was surprised that I got full sized socks in the end. I don't really like anklets, so I was pleased.
Meanwhile, we bought an electric nail trimmer. They boys are spooked when I turn it on. Neither one wants to let me near their feet with it. I turn it on several times a day, playing with it on the floor, letting them sniff it. Happy wanted to grab it and run away with it, even turned on. Denny just keeps his distance and barks at it. Hm.
The renos: The tile floor in the hallway, kitchen, powder room, and laundry room is done, and I love it! It's exactly like I wanted it. Some rooms are finished painting, and some still are waiting for the last coat to be applied. The upstairs rooms got some very light gray, almost white, but not quite. The hallway got another shade of gray, and the kitchen, dining room, and my crafts room/living room got all the same shade of green.
First time around the green was not right (Jelly bean green), but the shade we got now is perfect. Pictures once everything looks nicer. It's still all a construction site right now. Today the electrician was hard at work. Only he installed the wrong pot lights. Too bad, but he'll have to remove them and put the right ones in. But the new lights in all the rooms are installed, just need the right size of light bulbs.
Anyway, coming Tuesday the kitchen cabinets will be installed. I'm sooooo looking forward to that! We've got the appliances delivered, which are now waiting in the garage. We'll be getting the laundry room done before the weekend as well! Big YEAH!
Have a wonderful weekend! It's a long one for us in Canada!