This was spun pre-Denny, a l o n g time before he made an appearance. This was a totally fun project. I bought the fiber in 2007, when I first started out. I bought fiber then, even without having seen it. These had been described to me over the phone! I think she did a good job, they turned out the colors I had imagined. Anyway, it was wool/mohair blend, with the wool unknown, but on the scratchy side. The mohair made up a little for the scratchiness though. I did not feel I could spin this fiber right away, so it went into the fiber stash.
I've used some of the raspberry colored one for two different projects later, so this was the color I had the least of (4.2oz). I had lots of burned orange (9.2oz) and chestnut (9.7oz my favorite here).
After my BFL project was finished, I wanted to do another graduating color work, and this was it. I enjoyed spinning this so much, and I'm quite pleased with the outcome. I'm going to try this again too, with another color scheme.
All together there are ~ 467yds, 10 WPI. That's the thickest yarn I've ever made on purpose. From three colors I've got five different yarns. I love it!
The far left (orange) skein was navajo plied, as was the far right (pure chestnut). I had thought I'd have more orange left, but it's the smallest skein of the bunch. The three skeins in the middle are obviously 3-ply yarns.
I have no idea what I'll make of this. It's too rough for me to use it for a scarf. But I do want to use it all together. And it's not much yardage wise, even though this is heavy stuff and used up 23oz of fiber.
I've got another couple of pre-Denny handspun yarn to show you. I wonder when I will be able to spin again, with the pups AND renovations going on. I hope soon, I miss spinning.