Thursday, April 01, 2010

No joke!

Today is a lovely, warm day. Even if you want to, you just can't stay inside. So I took my current sock in progress,
Burning stripes socks variation my tea, and the phone, and went outside, preceded by Happy. The large sun umbrella was opened, and I made myself comfortable to knit for a while. I had one eye on him though, just in case. It was clear immediately that he had a great time out, splish splashing all over the back yard, when he found a spot where water made a puddle. First he was a little hesitant, and tipped a paw in it, let his Frisbee fall into it, and then his "gloves" were off, and he went at it. By that time I was on my way inside to get the camera.
My first reaction though was, "God no, don't play in the mud!", but what the heck, can't really do anything about it anyway now. This is my favorite photo of this bunch:
Happy-April 1-no joke-6

I also like this one:
Happy-April 1-no joke-19

This is the cleaning station, where he throws in his toys, and dives after them. Later he'll be the one in the wading pool being washed.

Happy-April 1-no joke-17

Here's some digging action:
Happy April's Fool Day - no joke
After I was done taking pictures, he thanked me by shaking himself, and getting me sprinkled from head to toes.
Later, when we tried to clean him up (hose down) he bucked like a horse, and we ended up all being wet too.
They say tomorrow will be a nice, warm day as well. Somehow I don't think I'll let him run loose though.
See you tomorrow with Handspun Friday!
***

17 comments:

Walden said...

He looks so grown up, and yet still so much like a puppy! He's adorable all covered in mud . . . did you play in some mud too? :)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

There's nothing quite like a dirty dog!

lexa said...

Oh, my! My two have been in similar messes as well. :)

Susan said...

Now that is the picture of a happy Happy!

CelticCastOn said...

Love that sock and those muddy paws. They have so much fun getting dirty. Spring always brings a sandy mud pit to our house, top that off with Molly laying outside in my mulch..... Moose says he's going to replace the mulch with stones so she doesn't drag it all in :)

Jeanne said...

Very cute pictures! Sounds like he had a wonderful time on a nice day...

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

What a cutie! It is fun to make mud pies ~ everyone knows that!

Love the idea of a wading pool....

Sharon V said...

That Happy, he's a comic, isn't he? I swear, you should get someone to make a cartoon strip of his antics!

Still, he's so handsome, even with the mud all over.

Cloudberry said...

It seems like you have to be just as watchful as I have to be looking after the kids when I'm knitting outdoors *lol*

It's raining today with a lot of wind, so we might get it muddy outside here too :) Looking forward to put the kids in rainclothes and let them play in the mud!

Have a great weekend!!

wolltrunken said...

Doch, so langsam waechst Happy in seine Ohren hinein...

Prima Idee mit der "Waschstation", so eine werden wir auch fuer Nicky anlegen.

Liebe Gruesse und Euch ein wunderbares Osterfest!

Birgit

shannon said...

yea mud! :)

Michelle said...

He looks like he had a great time!

Frieda said...

Sounds like you both had a good day , mud and all . You gotta love that pup , he's iving up to his name .

Love your sock too btw ...

charlie girl said...

He and my Monty would be a match made in Heaven! Monty is the mud-roller, he's taught all the other dogs at the dog park all the fun attributes of getting as muddy as possible, to the dismay of all their parents, I just say, You can't keep a golden out of the water...or the mud, after all, it's got water in it!

RC said...

OMG my guys looks just the same! I'm going to get the pool out and make it a cleaning station too, such a great idea

hannah said...

What a lovely pictures! Ysja also likes to get dirty and wet. It is a mess but aren't dogs adorable like this?!

Charlene said...

Beautiful spinning! I haven't had much time to spin, and I'm missing it. Totally enjoyed the pictures of Happy and your walk on the trails. That would be fun to see him getting hosed down after his mud bath :)