Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Strawberry Parfait!

You people are amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm touched and happy reading all your comments about the magic mosaic blanket. It seems I did good. Once again, isn't the Internet great? Otherwise this blanket would only be seen by a handful of people, but this way it might inspire somebody else. But I tell you, I was so ready to move on, and I did. I've got lots to show you, but not all at once.
A couple of weeks ago, I finished spinning this roving. Some time ago Sophia sent me this 2 oz wool roving. I finally got to spin it and what a pleasure this turned out to be!

May I offer you some strawberry parfait with a dollop of merino?



I've got 296yds 2-ply lace weight yarn form this 2 oz. I'm very pleased. Of course this yarn had to go back to its rightful owner. So, I hope Sophia likes it too, and I'm looking forward to seeing what she's going to make with it!


I would have liked to keep it, but I think I did the right thing. I've got so much roving to spin, and I love it all.

this time all the pics are clickable

15 comments:

DAWN said...

Wow! Delicious! your spinning has gotten so good, congratulations!

TracyKM said...

You make me want to learn to spin! When exactly, did you start? Didn't you just get the wheel?! That's SO pretty!

Cloudberry said...

Your blanket is beautiful!!
And the pink yarn is great :)
I have choosen you for the Creative blogger award - more info in my blog ;)

CelticCastOn said...

ohhhh yummy!!! Your spinning is looking wonderful!

La Cabeza Grande said...

How fun and delicious. I just love the colors!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed the unveiling of your blanket! It's beautiful! I'll not miss an entry again - I just added you to my bloglines. Congrats on finishing a very large project!

Deb said...

Delicious yarn! That's a lot of yardage from 2 oz. Congrats! Ya did great!
I just got fiber... 2 lbs of superwash merino, 2 lbs of corriedale, & some sari silk. It's getting added to the other merino, alpaca, tussah silk, romney, & cotswold that's already in my fiber stash. Wanna come over to help spin & dye? ;)

Anonymous said...

Monika, I was hungry before I saw the yummy yarn! Now I don't know if I want to knit it or eat it. ;)

Isn't the 'net awesome? We get to see and show off the most amazing craftwork.

Devonshire said...

How gorgeous is that yarn? Can I have my Strawberry Parfait with some hot fudge too?? Lovely spinning!

Anonymous said...

Yumm! that strawberry parfait looks better than any edible one!

Kris B said...

Lucky Sophia, the strawberry parfait looks delicious :).

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Yum yum. That is so pretty. I love the milkshake analogy - I must now have a hamburger and malted strawberry milkshake before summer ends!

Susanne said...

Liebe Monika,
Du bist wirklich ein Multitalent. Eben hast Du das wundervolle Meisterstück von Mosaic-Decke für Deine Tochter fertiggestellt, und jetzt hast Du schon wieder so eine wundervolle Wolle versponnen. Das Garn sieht wundervoll aus. Rot ist ja mein Lieblingsfarbe und diese harmonierenden Rottöne sind wirklich ein Traum. Kompliment, Du hast was los.
Liebe Grüße
Susanne

hakucho said...

Sophia will love the strawberry parfait yarn. It's so beautiful. Even though you don't get to keep it, it must be so much fun to spin. Everytime I see what you spin, makes me want to try, but I doubt I'll ever get the chance :( Oh, well...I can watch what you are up to and drool :)

Jinx said...

This yarn looks gorgeous. I think I give the space rovings a try, too. :D

Jinx