Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Random act of kindness!

Many people who travel around blogland, keeping up blogs on their own or maybe just reading them, repeat again and again how wonderful the knitting community in blogland is, and I agree. I've read the question, why do you believe it is so, as well and read the answers to it as well. There are many stories, and today I'll add one.
I've been reading Sophia's blog Yarn over Manhattan for quite some time now. Sophia is not shy about leaving a comment here either. Imagine my surprise as she told me she would like to send me some roving, just out of the blue, for no reason at all!
I'm a fibre addict and of course I could not say no, but thank you from my heart. Even though she's got bitten by the spinning bug herself, she could part with it. ;o) Thank you, Sophia!

Yesterday, I was feeling kind of crappy, and I'm sure it's the cardigans fault. I've not been knitting, but spinning this week. I got started on the squares, but did not touch the cardi. I know, once I'm done with it I feel free again, and ready to do anything. It's so depressing, because I don't want to work on it, but I must. I know I said no more fun projects until it's done, but it's my rule and I can break it anytime, if I want to. That's reassuring, but I know me very well, and I will not be happy until it's done. Big sigh!

I've spun up a little over 3 oz of the Golden Rod colored roving, it's a full bobbin. Now I'm working on the second bobbin so I can ply it. That makes me happy!
I dyed some roving today. I think I should leave that to professionals. I used the pot on the stove method for the first time. I'm not sure it worked. The first one came out totally as a surprise, sorry no pictures, it's so ugly. The second one was a little better, but the color is not what I expected. I know, without pictures it's no fun. I'll take pics once the whole mess is dry. I hope I didn't felt it.
More soon, and hopefully some knitting to show as well. Bye for now!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - such beautiful roving - I look forward to seeing the yarn! What a thoughtful, generous friend!
I know exactly how you feel with the sweater...it's why I sometimes don't even want to start a big sweater project.

sgeddes said...

Kindness makes the knitting world go round! Beautiful surprise!

Elemmaciltur said...

Knitters are simply the best. ;-)

Micky said...

That's pretty. Looks kinds like a cream cicle.
~
You only have 10 more squares to go, right? I just can't wait to see them all together.
:)

hakucho said...

One thing I've learned from my blogging is that the knitting community is perhaps the nicest group of people one could find....and the best part is they are scattered clear aross the globe!!! I know I feel lucky to be a part of it.

Romi said...

And it's gorgoeus too! What a sweet gift. :)

Rhonda said...

Hi. I am new at blogging but I read your blog regularly. I get a lot of inspiration from you about knitting and dogs (I have two big ones too!) I'll keep reading as long as you keep blogging.

Anonymous said...

Knitting bloggers are the best, that's for sure! This is some really beautiful roving that Sophia sent you - how very generous of her!

Violiknit said...

Yeay! I'm so happy you like the Vesper Roving! Happy spinning!