Sunday, June 03, 2007

Quick update on the KH Cardigan!

The back is DONE! I asked for your support and I got it! Thanks so much you guys! Whatever your suggestions were, it helped to get me going. I had to smile reading all the tips and suggestions you left for me to ponder, because most of them said I should cast on something else , so I'd have an option, or knit on it when the mood strikes. That's not how I work people! ;o) My idea of getting something done, is work on it, and I did. Want to know an embarrassing secret? (I liked knitting this) Pst, don't tell! Once I got rid of the cable needle and a few inches into the back, the piece started to get a nice drape and the color, oh so rich (I love cherries). I like knitting lace and the 4 stitch cables were nothing to talk about anymore. I'm knitting the same size as from the photo in the book. I'm not going to block this, because it's a bigger size as Hannah needs (she's a between size), and it's lying quite flat. This is very stretchy horizontally, but I'll leave it alone. I've started in on the right front, and I intend to enjoy every minute I knit this one. Once finished knitting, there will be a break to gather my nerves to put it all together and finish it, a few days looking at it will be enough, I'm sure. ;o) I usually don't like to show WIP pictures, but this will take a while and it spurns me on to NOT stray from it.

I've got new sock yarn, namely Panda Wool and Panda cotton, very new to me and it's calling my name so loud it's interrupted my sleep! Sock ban is still intact though. But for how long?

Second square from last week # 26 of 40.

edited: I'm getting old. I always forget something. I've updated the Readers Gallery. Deb and Sybille made the Sakura shawl and Laverne sent me some pictures of her Ashes socks. They turned out wonderful!

13 comments:

Sue J. said...

The KH is looking so lovely. Glad you are enjoying it. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Michelle said...

Wow! That was fast! KH is lookin' lovely!

Violiknit said...

Gorgeous cardi! I think that square is my favorite so far!

shannon said...

it's really looking gorgeous! i'd love to read about the needle-less cable. is it hard? i've not really dabbled too much with regular cables (using a needle) but the few times i have, i've thrown everything across the room. ;)

keep up the great work!! hannah is going to love it.

Anonymous said...

Monika, Just found your site and have truly enjoyed reading back through your posts. Love the pictures - your knitting, your shepherds, everything. Also, downloaded a couple of your patterns - thanks for sharing. I will be reading regularly!

Anonymous said...

Hallo Monika,
ich staune nur noch. Wann bitte hast Du denn das alles gestrickt?? Die Jacke wird super. Glückliche Hannah. Und vergiss nicht, dass Frauen in unserem Alter auch manchmal schlafen müssen.

Viele Grüsse von Heike
www.wollball.de

eyeleen said...

You're an amazing knitter, that is gong to be a beautiful cardi. I just love red.

Anonymous said...

you back looks right nicely! Katheryn would have been pleased.

hum, have strange urge to go golfing now.

hakucho said...

You'll be finished with Hannah's cardigan in no time! It looks great and I'm glad you are enjoying it now. It really will be beautiful!

happy knitting :)

Strickfimmel said...

Mensch, was bist Du schnell! Das Rückenteil ist ja schon fertig. Sieht toll aus. Bin schon auf die fertige Jacke gespannt. Und das Mosaicquadrat sieht auch schön aus. Aber ich war auch nicht faul. Ich habe mein 6. Quadrat angefangen.

Lynn said...

that looks beautiful monika! i can't wait to see the finished product!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I really love that red! it's gorgeous!

Debi said...

It's stunning Monika so keep up the good work! Doesn't cabling without a cable needle ROCK!! It even works on cotton (which I'm doing now)