Sunday, March 11, 2007

Aha, Aha, I like it!

Finally some socks that got the stamp of approval from moi.
After feeling a bit blue lately, I managed to finished my Lacey Socks! Woo Hoo! I absolutely loved working on them, at least until the second sock was at the heel. For reasons unknown, my knitting mojo got lost, and I was (not feeling, but being) crappy all day. Many irritated people in this household can attest to that. So, before I finally got in gear again, I had to cast on something else. Weird, ha?! As soon as I've cast on for my Milanese Lace scarf ( knit with Jojoland Melody) and knit about 50 rows, I was all zen again, and could pick up my sock once more to finish it! What was that all about?








Here are some specs for you:
yarn: Artyarns Ultramerino4, color # 120, 2 skeins with a few yards left over each.
needles: 2.25mm
pattern: my basic sock construction, with two stitch patterns from two different stitch pattern books.
size: my women's size 10 1/4



The color is almost solid, you have to look closely to see some variations, oh, how I like that!
These socks feel very comfortable, and since they are so lacey, I can wear them even now, that spring is on it's way!
Below you can see some exhausted socks, after the photo shoot. Still looking good though! ;o)

you can probably click on the pics to have a closer look



And finally, a sneak peek of Hannah's (Cookie's) Monkey sock (knitty.com), she's working on right now. I just grabbed it, because I'm so pleased, the girl's getting good!
I've used this yarn before (Jaywalker) and had the most terrible pooling going on, not so here. I'm happy for her.
(Have to protect my stash from this new knitting maniac!)


23 comments:

Elinor said...

I love the color of that ArtYarns sock yarn! Your blue socks look beautiful!!!

Devonshire said...

I love the color! The socks look beautiful. Fantastic job.

Anonymous said...

Hallo Monika,

das sind die perfekten Socken geworden! Ganz tolles Muster, chice Farbe, suuuper Passform und extrem gleichmässig gestrickt!

Viele Grüsse von Heike

sgeddes said...

The socks are great.I think that scarf is going to beautiful. I love the colors in that yarn.

I'm not so sure I'd be so calm if I had osmeone in the house interested in my stash!

momsue84 said...

Wow! I love the new socks. Will you putting the pattern on your blog? Sure hope so. And where can I find the Milanes Lace Scarf pattern? It's gorgeous! You have been very busy and productive. I love what you've done.

Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty lace socks...I love the lace stitch patterns that you chose - totally different on the front and back to keep things interesting!!
WOW - look at Hannah's Monkeys....I am so impressed - and yes you better watch your stash now that she has the sock bug!!!

Strickfimmel said...

Oh Mann, sehen die neuen blauen Socken toll aus!!! Dadurch, dass Du einfarbiges Garn genommen hast, kommt das Muster supergut zur Geltung. Auch Hannah's Socken werden Klasse. Das sieht man schon. Du kannst wirklich stolz auf das Mädel sein.

hakucho said...

Your blue socks are gorgeous and yes you have created a knitting monster. Hannah is getting real good at knitting. If I were you I'd get a big safe to keep my yarn in. You two in the same house... will you ever have a yarn stash again?

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

The socks are so gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Oooh! Very pretty socks! Great job!

Life's a Stitch said...

Those are an impressive pair of socks!
Li

Anonymous said...

Hallo Monika,
deine Socken gefallen mir sehr gut. Tolles Muster, schöne Farbe - einfach perfekt!
LG Tina

Anonymous said...

These socks are really amazing - this must be one of the most beautiful patterns I've seen for long! You're a real artist indeed!

Anonymous said...

Hallo, Monika!

Vielen Dank für Deinen netten Kommentar!

Dein Blog ist ja wirklich ein Traum! Ich werde mich jetzt weiter durch Deine vielen Einträge wühlen - schön, dass Du so viele Fotos postest!

Liebe Grüße
Tanja

monica said...

Lovely socks and I love the color of the jojoland yarn.

Midnight Purls said...

Love, love, love those lacey socks! I hope you'll share the pattern!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the socks look great!

You just needed another project.

Kris B said...

The socks are beautiful. I love the lace pattern, very nice. The color of the yarn you are using for the scarf is gorgeous. Let Hannah know the monkey socks are also gorgeous.

Dave said...

Sock! Now THAT'S what I need! I have holy ones, stretched ones and too tight ones! Nice colour by the way! :-)

Stephanie said...

Your blue lace socks are beautiful - both the pattern and the color. And Hannah's socks are coming out amazing.

Violiknit said...

Ooooooh, those Lacey socks look gorgeous! Hannah's monkey socks look great too!

meg said...

love the lace socks, they came out beautifully!

hannahs socks are looking fab, as well.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your blue socks!! I think I get crabby sometimes, too, and can't get the project finished unless I work on something else for awhile. I agree...what's up with that!