Thursday, August 24, 2006

Yet another pair of socks!

Can you stand to look at yet another pair of socks?

My first socks knit with Koigu KPPPM 100% Merino wool, 50gr 175 yds. The first two pictures show almost the true color. It's more yellowy, softer,warmer. It all depends on the light. There was not much left of the yarn and that's good.


They are toe-up's of course with an eye of partridge reverse Dutch heel. The yarn label called for 3mm needles, but I don't think it was meant for socks. I've used 2.5mm needles and could and would have used 2.25mm if I had them. They are a bit loose right now, haven't washed them yet. I hope they'll tighten up a bit. I cast on 64 sts. The little fake cable is a YO cable from the book Sensational Knitted Socks and the overall design is my own. I can't wait for the temperatures to fall so I can wear socks again! ;o)
What about Sam, you ask?
He's very into his nylabone right now and doesn't want to hear anything about knitting (or fiber of any kind).

3 comments:

sgeddes said...

great looking pair of socks.

Anonymous said...

Awesome socks - I could stand to see many more of them!;) And of Sam - what a great shot this is of him!

chanceofbooks said...

Socks rock. Can't go wrong with dog pictures and sock pictures.