Monday, August 14, 2006

Felted bags times two.


Sometimes it's hard to take pictures of dark things. The above foto shows the actual color, it's chocolate brown and this is another Lucy Bag by Two Old Bags. The yarn I've used is Berroco's Ultra Alpaca, 50% wool / 50% alpaca. I love this yarn.


I made those bags in the last couple of weeks. This one is also after a pattern by Two Old Bags but the yarn is Evilla Artyarn 100% wool. I can't imagine knitting something else with it. It's soooo scratchy but perfect for felting. I LOVE the color though.


I have a collection of old buttons from the time I was still sewing clothes and did some serious quilting (not that I needed many buttons for that).

You can see the difference between before and after felting. I had to let it through four wash cycles and was thinking of a fifth. It's still a big bag, hence the name I guess (Bucket Bag)

It looked like a feed sack in the beginning. For the picture I've stuffed it with sock yarn. I might make a lining for it still. Have to see about some fabric. It would have to be done by hand. My sewing machine is "out of order". But I think things like bag linings have to be done by hand anyway. This green bag will replace my summer bag I made a while ago, when it get's near the end of summer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Monika,
die Tasche ist suuuuper! Ich liebe ja Grüntöne sowieso sehr. Die Idee mit dem Verschluss finde ich sehr praktisch. An das Filzen habe ich mich bisher noch nicht rangetraut aber wenn ich so etwas sehe, juckt es ja doch in den Fingern.

LG Heike

chanceofbooks said...

This looks great! I like them both alot.

Bente B said...

Your bags are so cool!! I love the design and the colors!!! And btw; I have to give you credit for directing me, through your blog, to Woolythoughts!! I knew they were on vacation, but I tried sending them and email anyway, and today they posted the patterns to me...... I am so impatient I couldn't wait for them to finish their last days of their vacation *LOL*

Carol said...

I love the green bag in particular. I have just discovered the joys of felting and am working on my second bag. The first was a little buttonhole bag. Now I'm jealous. AND have another pattern to look for and try out...sigh..

Mariella said...

The Lucy Bag is beautiful! I've had my eye on this pattern for awhile. One of these days I'll order it and give it a try.

HomeMadeOriginals said...

Very nice. I just finished my first Lucy bag. Check it out on my blog:
http://www.homemadeoriginals.blogspot.com/