I've started my Log Cabin in April ' 06 and finished it on June 22nd, 2006. It's 53"x 56" big and I would have made it even bigger if I hadn't run out of yarn. The yarn is a mixture of superwash wool and 100% wool since I used up some of my stash. The last "log" of the border had 250 sts in one row (the center square started out with 21 sts). I've put a couple of black stripes on the dark side to pronounce it and some cream colored stripes on the lighter side as well and some rows with eyelets just to counteract the bordom of knitting miles of garter stitch. At the end I had just not enough of the orange left to finish the log so I used the cream yarn for more than a row. On the dark side I had to fudge as well but since it was with an existing colored yarn it's not too obvious.
I'm glad it's done and over with. And as you all know, the next blanket is already on the needles. See ya!