Tuesday, April 03, 2012

handspun Old Forge # 2

I'm so happy that this one is done! I'll show the blanket today, and the yarn I made it with on Friday, because there are a lot of pictures. You'll just have to suffer through them. ;o)

handspun Old Forge # 2

handspun Old Forge # 2

handspun Old Forge # 2

handspun Old Forge # 2

handspun Old Forge # 2

handspun Old Forge # 2

handspun Old Forge # 2

handspun Old Forge # 2

O.K. I'll stop now. I doubted I'd like this blanket until I steam blocked it, and put it on the ground to see it all for the first time. Until then, I was not sure, but I DO love it.

pattern: Old Forge by Stephen West

yarn: my own handspun yarn, with fiber from Corgi Hill Farm, and FatCatKnits Fiber Club
needle: 3.75mm, should/could have used 4.5mm
size: 50 inches in diameter
mods: made kfb increases, because I like how they look; left out lace stitch pattern, and the stitch pattern before the knit on edge; made YO increases with contrasting color instead of M1's.

***
Since this gets me a ticket for the draw, I have to tell you that Corgi Hill Farm has a Anniversary Sale and Contest too! on April 16th. You'll find more info on it in this Ravelry thread. Basically with every purchase, and shout out about it, you get a ticket for the draw.
***

22 comments:

Crochet with Raymond said...

absolutely beautiful, I adore it! So utterly inspiring, this one is like a giant aztec sunburst.

KicsiKató said...

OMG... like the sunrise... it's beautiful!!

CelticCastOn said...

Another beauty!! Are you blanketed out now?

Zenitude said...

I want one...I really want one! The photo of the blanket over the chair is gorgeous. What a huge amount of work but what great results.

cauchy09 said...

whoa, amazing AGAIN! how's #3 going?

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

absolutely stunning monkia! i LOVE it!

momsue84 said...

I'm speechless, Monika! It's just gorgeous! Love the colors, the texture, the pattern. Everything about is an eye popper!!

Anna M said...

Amazing and so very lovely. It's really got a lot going for it colorwise and it all works.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It's amazing - I think I like this one best so far!

Chery said...

Wonderful! It is really beautiful.

Unknown said...

What an accomplishment. This is a real beauty. I love everything about it!

erin said...

it's so beautiful!!! and you did it so fast, too!

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

WOW!! That is stunning. Love the colors in the yarn. Thanks for sharing. :)

Barb

juniperjune said...

oh my goodness, this is gorgeous! i can see how you might have been skeptical about how the blueness at the edges would match with the yellowness at the center, but it really REALLY works. alice's comment about it looking like an aztec sunburst is spot on! i guess i'll have to queue this one after all...

Susan said...

Drop. Dead. Gorgeous!

Beverly said...

Wow!! I love your color sense. I wouldn't have imagined that it would look like this when I saw it on the needles.

lexa said...

Oh, my, I totally, totally, TOTALLY love it!! Gorgeous!

Bea said...

das ist absolut gigantisch schön!!!

Grüßle, die Bea

Diana said...

Beautiful colors.. it looks like the sunrise :))

Charlene said...

Looking at the original blanket pattern it wasn't a project I would've started, but as always when I see what you've done I'm now thinking, WoW!!!

Beautiful! I want one ;)

Anonymous said...

That is just beautiful - reminds me of a sunset.
margieinmaryland

2paw said...

Believe me, it is never a trial to look at all the lovely pictures of your beautiful knitting. I love your new shawl!!