Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"Knitting For Good" is moving on!

Here's another chance of getting the book "Knitting for Good". Ann blogged about it, and you can leave a comment if you would like your name in the game.

I've finished Li's scarf from the book, and besides the pooling of the yarn, I like it!

Li's scarf close up
It definitely needs blocking, since the stitch pattern draws it together. It grew a lot with blocking, especially lengthwise. I wanted to use both hanks of this yarn, but it would have been too long in the end.
Li's scarf 7x90 inches
The colors made funny things on this scarf. I don't like pooling, but what can you do? There's glitter in the yarn, can you see it sparkling (besides the ubiquitous dog hairs)?

Li's scarf close up

pattern: Herringbone Rib Scarf by Li (either from the book "Knitting for Good" by Betsy Greer, or if you ask for it in a comment on her blog)
yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Super Glitz, superwash merino plied with a strand of glitter, DK weight, colorway: Gypsy Rose, 4oz hand , 325yds (I used 1.5 hanks)
needles: 4mm
size after blocking: 7" x 90"
start-finish: Jan. 09-16

This was a fun knit! Thank you Li!

24 comments:

GoldenTracks said...

I love the colors. The stitch pattern looks like it would be pretty on either side. Hmm.....more fodder for my Ravelry queue?????

Dreams of Yarn said...

Oh wow, love how colorful it is! Great job

momsue84 said...

Beautiful scarf. The colors are lovely, and the glitter is such a nice accent. Well done, as usual!

Kitty Kitty said...

Really cool scarf. I really like the stitch pattern that you used.

Anonymous said...

Very nice looking scarf. Colours are very pretty. Funny, I didn't see the pooling effect at first, too busy admiring the total scarf.

lookinout said...

What a pretty stitch and cheerful colours. Gillian

Life's a Stitch said...

You're so welcome!

Martina said...

This Scarf looks very nice...and the colors are very pretty!

Yarn Devil said...

I love the scarf! It's beautiful.. pooling colours and all! (I actually like the way the colours worked in it)

Anonymous said...

It's an interesting zigging more than pooling. Looks cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of pooling, but it actually doesn't bother me in this scarf. It's just stunning. The yarn and stitch pattern came together perfectly!

sharon said...

so pretty - the pooling is not a problem to me as like MaureenC I was admiring the scarf!

Walden said...

I am usually not a fan of pooling in general, but I think the pooling in this worked out very well and love the unique/abstract look it gave the scarf.

Cloudberry said...

That's a beautiful scarf!

Strickfimmel said...

Wow, super Schal mit einem genialen Muster in einer tollen Farbe. Da glaube ich gerne, dass Dir das Stricken Spaß gemacht hat. Gefällt mir ausgesprochen gut-

Knatolee said...

Oh I love it, and I don't mind the pooling (once I figured out what that was. :)) What a great pattern.

Frieda said...

Looks wonderful , very pretty colours and the pooling isn't so bad , kinda looks like the zig zag is supposed to be there .

Anonymous said...

Love the scarf!

Angelika said...

I love the scarf and the colors and the pooling are so great. I guess that would be a nice beginners lace project?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Good enough to eat with whipped cream!! Sparkly too! Mmmm!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a lovely scarf. I don't like pooling also but in this case I guess it is not very bad.
The pattern is very nice.

KnitTwit said...

I rather LIKE how the colourways turned out on this scarf, in spite of it doing things you didn't expect. The scarf is lovely, and you've done a great job.

Jana

Anonymous said...

I love how your scarf came out. I went and requested the pattern.

hakucho said...

Beautiful...I love the way it pooled, makes it interesting to look at and I bet it was fun to knit :)