Friday, November 07, 2008

Trip to Austria - Part 3

Winery Kieslinger on top of the hill

I arrived in Austria on Wednesday, and Karl picked me up at my parents house Friday afternoon. It was another wonderful sunny day. We had enough time to hike a little. Our first destination was Buschenschank Kieslinger. It's on top of this hill surrounded by vineyards in all directions.

From there we walked to a look-out, which you can just imagine in the next picture. It's a little to the right and up from the group of houses.


In the next picture you can see the Kieslinger house left far behind us. It was magical to walk there, the sun was already low, the fall colores on the leaves and everywhere around us, just gorgeous!
The view in the next picture was like from a fairy tale book. I hope all the pictures are click able, to really enjoy them full.
Most of the grapes were already harvested. Only here and there were some left for special wines. I don't drink wine or any other alcohol, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the beauty of those lovely country sides, and what they have to offer visually.
From the look-out we walked back to the winery, and had some refreshing elder-blossom juice mixed with sparkling water. That's a divine drink, if you ever have a chance to drink this, you MUST do so! We would have had dinner there too, but my sister had invited us, so we had to drive back to Graz.

We met with my sister and her family, as well as my brother and his girlfriend, and had a nice evening. No pictures though. Sometimes it's just not happening.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful these pictures are!! I love the colours of autumn and you are very lucky you could be there in this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Austria looks a lot like where I live. We have vineyards and wineries up the valley here, but not such beautiful old houses!!
How wonderful to catch up with your family!!

lexa said...

Look at the gorgeous colors! Austria is absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Yes, sometimes you should enjoy the moment and forget the camera. Although I do love your pictures!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

It does look like a fairy tale setting! I love to visit vinyards even though I only sip a little wine on rare ocassions.

The drink you described sounds delightful :)

Kirsten said...

Some of my mom's side of the family came to the US from Austria. It looks like the most beautiful, magical country. I would love to visit someday.

hakucho said...

Gorgeous photos...looks like the perfect time of year for a visit :)

Beverly said...

It looks like a fairy tale. One that I would love to be in.

I enjoyed following your link to Graz and reading about the city and the places to visit. It's is beautiful.

bockstark.knits said...

What a gorgeous place!!!!

SNOWBIRD said...

What beautiful pictures of the countryside! It reminds me of wine country in Missouri.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Those photos are breath taking !

herzlichkreativ said...

wunderschoen deine bilder. obwohl oesterreich mein nachbarland ist, war ich nur mal in wien und im tirol eigentlich schade ;-)

T-Mom said...

What a beautiful place! Thanks for bringing us pictures. :)