Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Three Sisters Scarves # Two

Sharon V: I'd love to send you the pattern for scarf # 1, but I need to know your e-mail address first! :o)
This is promised scarf number two. People on ravelry might have seen all three patterns already. This stitch pattern was driving me crazy. It took me forever to memorize it, because of the decreases which go in both directions. I was glad when it was over, but I like the look of it. And I've already cut off the end, which is visible in the above picture. ;o)

pattern: my own

yarn: Handmaiden Sea Silk, 70% silk, 30% sea cell, 1 skein

needle: 3.25mm

size after blocking: 9" x 68", (I had just a little left over)

start-finish: August 25-30




Have fun!

Errata:
rows 12 and 14 of chart should read : knit all stitches
Please let me know if you find other errors in the patterns! Thanks.


(This cartoon is Teresa's. You'll find it on her blog for download. I recognized myself in it. How did she know? :o))

And while we are at it, I'd like to turn your attention to a young desinger Teresa, who has a new lace scarf up for sale called Flora, which I just purchased. It's a wonderful piece. I've already knit another scarf desing of hers, the La Dentelle Belle scarf, which is a free design. I think she's very talented.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo,

fantastisch. Ich bin begeistert.
Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland
Monika

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely scarf: you are so clever and I love the colours. So pretty!!

Marianne said...

Thank you SO much, what a Beauty of a scarf!

margene said...

Another very nice design!

Frieda said...

Thank you for another lovely design ! I'm still wondering when you sleep , if ever . Had to chuckle at the cartoon ,how true ...

Maria said...

Very pretty scarf. Can I be your sister? :)

~Maria

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! It was silly of me not to include my email address when asking for the pattern! I must have been in a hurry!

sharon.vestal@credit-suisse.com

Thank you, Monika!!

shannon said...

aaaannnnnd downloaded. :)

i think YOU are rather talented myself, monika!

Tracy Purtscher said...

The scarves are lovely. I had no doubt about that, but I find myself sitting here wondering how soon the Noro blanket will be done! ;o)

Maggie said...

This one is my favourite of the 3 scarves! In stitch and also in colour. :) Love it!

sgeddes said...

Two very beautiful scarves! You come up with such nice patterns!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

This scarf series is just stunning!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarf - thank you for the pattern!

Cloudberry said...

The scarf is so beautiful in this color!

Anonymous said...

That cartoon is funny! I just sent it to my husband and I'll see what he thinks. I'm just amazed that you can knit all those lace scarves and not go crazy. They must be good patterns. :-)

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous!

That closet looks vaguely familiar.

Ann said...

The 2 scarves look so lovely & thanks so much for sharing the patterns. I can't wait to see the
3rd acarf.

Angelika said...

Not only the scarf, but also your pictures are great. You present your work so beautifully. I love the cartoon an already have it saved. Maybe I should make it my wallpaper?

hakucho said...

Oh, my...this one is just lovely!! Very delicate. The silk + this pattern is just fabulous :)

Rosa said...

no pudo descargarlo
como puedo tener el grafico?
besos