Friday, September 12, 2008

Three Sisters Scarves # Three

Knitted socks are out again, and worn with pleasure. I'm happy summer is over, even if it wasn't a bad summer at all. It's so much more fun to knit warm things like mittens and hats again. After knitting three scarves with Handmaiden Sea Silk, I've discovered that I like working with wool and wool blend yarn the best. I love the feeling of it in my hands, and sometimes when the yarn still smells a little bit of sheep, I'm in heaven. Silk yarn, and silk blend yarns are fine sometimes, but I'm not that kind of girl. That's why I have no trouble giving away those scarves. There you have them! All three in their glory! Puh, am I glad it's done! I need a break from this yarn for a while. It's wonderful to the touch, so luxurious. I hope my SIL's will appreciate them.
This last of the three scarves drowned in its own juices. I finished it late evening, and put it to soak, wanting to block it before I turned in later. I totally forgot about it, and it soaked until next morning. It felt a little stiff, from the water, which turned cold over night of course. But now that it's dry, it's as nice and soft as the other two. The water was dark green though.


pattern: my own
yarn: 1 skein Handmaiden Sea Silk, as the two others before, just a little left over
needle: 3.5mm this time, since I started this before I finished # 2 and didn't have a second 3.25mm
size after (careful) blocking: 10" x 66"
start-finish: August 30 - September 05


That's it! Have fun!
Please let me know if you find errors in the pattern! Thanks.
There was a mistake in Scarf #1 and 2, I put errata on the post with the download, as well as on ravelry. Please check before you start knittind it.
chant with me: I will never release a pattern without somebody test knitting it again!


24 comments:

herzlichkreativ said...

Und auch dieser Schal ist einfach bezaubernd. Vielen Dank für die Anleitung. Aber woher nehme ich all die Zeit um die wunderbaren Dinge zu stricken ???

Anonymous said...

Though all the scarves are gorgeous, the green one is my very favourite!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the patterns, and I'm happy that the errata was found before I started.

My favorite is Sister #1 but I think it has more to do with the color than anything else.

Claudia Bugh said...

They are all uniquely gorgous and will most certainly be appreciated!

Thank you for sharing your patterns. These scarfs are such a perfect use for that yarn.

Anonymous said...

The scarfes are so gorgeous! What a lovely gifts.

I agree with you: winter knitting is a lot of fun. I also like working with wool.

lexa said...

Such gorgeous scarves!

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful,thank you very much for the pattern.

I do really agree with you, pure wool is the best.

Helen said...

Thanks so much for the pattern. I would love to make a couple for xmas gifts.
I check your blog every week or so. I love your knitting and I must see how the dogs are doing. :)

sgeddes said...

Beautiful! I'm sure they will be well loved. My favorite pattern is the blue one, but I prefer the green color. You've done some lovely work!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!
thanks for sharing the patterns!
though i love working with wool, and do it all the time, i am sad that summer is over! and i hope for a long indian summer.
socks have been worn.
all the best,
helga

Ann said...

Lovely scarves & Thanks so much for sharing the patterns.

Anonymous said...

3 lucky SILs! You are a scarf designing/knitting whiz!

Angelika said...

Another masterpiece. You are so nice to knit this for your SILs. I think I would only do that for one or maybe two of mine and trust me, I have a bunch more than that.

Knatolee said...

You know, I have been working on the same knitted/beaded scarf for the entire summer! :) Your speed and skill amaze me. This scarves are absolutely gorgeous. I hope everyone who receives gifts of your knitting realizes how lucky they are!!

Anonymous said...

All three are really pretty. Thank you for sharing the pattern!

Anonymous said...

Phew! Three scarves is quite the feat! I still like the blue one best I think but they're all lovely. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they'll appreciate them, they're darling.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scarves - thanks for the patterns!

hakucho said...

Another beautiful scarf. All three are very lovely and I'm positive all your SIL's will LOVE them :)

Beverly said...

The scarves are beautiful. Your sisters are going to enjoy them.

Gloria Patre said...

Your scarves are spectacularly beautiful!!! The colors are superb and each one is truly a luxury accessory! Kudos to you! Standing ovation!! Lucky, lucky SILs!!

Kris B said...

All hail wool ;). I agree with you on the wool thing. I live in a rather warm climate and would much prefer working with wool.

Although, I have to say the seasilk yarn is beautiful and so are the scarves. Your SIL's are very lucky.

Robin said...

The scarves are just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing the patterns. I may make one a mother-in-law scarf.

Anonymous said...

Toll sind deses Schals.
Ich habe mir das Muster für den grünen Schal heruntergeldaden. Ist das in Orndung oder durfte ich das nicht?
Ich möchte daraus ein Weinachtsgeschenk machen.
Sei lieb gegrüsst.
LG hexli