Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bring it on, Winter, I am ready!

It's definitely more quiet and less stressful without Sam in the house. Nevertheless we miss him terrible. The Vet called last night again. Sam's doing fine, although he rather walks the vet, when they go outside, than the other way around. That's my boy! ;o)


I made myself a second pair of mittens. They had to be a fast knit and warm. They are both. This is the same wool I've used for my hat, knit on 5mm needles. The cuff is made with a twisted K1, P1. I'm very pleased.
This hat is for David. This one's made with Berroco's Ultra Alpaca double stranded, so it's warmer and I've used 5.5mm needles so the hat would be and is tenser. It's still quite stretchy with the K2, P2 pattern. It fits him well. he's already got a scarf witch goes with this hat.Look what I've unearthed a few days ago. I was rummaging through my stash, when I found a bag full of Noro Kureyon and the first row of my Noro Kureyon blanket I've started back in April/May this year. I'm on the third row right now. I will take a better picture of it, when I'm on the 6th row or so, otherwise there's not a lot to see. It's my TV knitting now, once again just plain old garter stitch, mitered squares. Fun!
Just finished square # 3 of 63 for my Magic Mosaic Blanket. Only 60 more to go! ;o) Think - long term!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a nice find....I love knitting with Kureyon - it is quite addicting! Cozy hat and mittens too...you just don't stop for a minute do you?

Melissa said...

Well, you've been busy. Love the mittens! Where is the pattern from?

Knitted Zebra said...

I love it ~ Sam walking the Vet! hehe!!

Whoo hooo! Noro Kureyon ~ love the colors. A friend of mine is from Japan and tells me Kureyon is Japanese for Crayon... ahhh ~ the colors!!

Hugs to Sam and Biko from Sasha, Samson and Gabi.

Anonymous said...

nice !
tuesday was our guild meeting, the evening when we bring in all our charity work.
my very special treasure was a blanket knit by my gr.7 students. a lot of squares. patterns from the 365 day calendar. the students chose a pattern and i teach them how to read it.
the blanket goes to "The Yellow Brick House".i am very proud of my sudents!
great hat and mittens.
i adore Kureyon! i knit hats from it when i need a colour fix.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that Sam is doing better - yay for that, just wait and see, he'll be as good as new very soon! ;) Fingers crossed!
And what a find - I'm so high up in Noro-heaven these days that I certainly share your joy, it's highly addictive, ain't it?

Larry said...

Glad to hear than Sam is coming along nicely. Too bad about the vet. I tried to send you an email but it got bounced for reasons I can't begin to describe or understand.

Violiknit said...

Oh what a collection of gorgeous stuff! I'm so glad Sam is getting better. I had no computer for a while, so excuse me as I go and catch up on your blog :)

hakucho said...

I'm so glad Sam's home :)

How could you forget about your Noro Kureyon project? You certainly are a tease just showing us a little bit...can't wait to see more of the mitered squares blanket. It looks very interesting and pretty.

Happy knitting :)

meg said...

wow! i love love love those mittens. i'm going to have to make myself some; even if it's just for our 5 day long winter.