Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I won a gorgeous prize!

Wandering Cat Yarns had a KAL going throughout the year 2012. I knit several projects with WCY, and posted pictures of my FO's on their Wandering Cat Yarns Ravelry group. In the end I was a lucky winner of one of the three prizes.
I was asked to pick a pattern from all the sock and shawl patterns on Ravelry, and was that ever a hard choice to make! I also got some custom dyed yarn with it.

Ready?!

Wandering Cat Yarns-KAL prize package

It's really hard to capture the depth of the big skein. The colorway is called Dragon Stone. It's Wandering Cat Yarns Twisted Slinky Cat and has a whooping 600yds!!! This has to become a shawl some day.

The golden skein is called English Toffee, Wandering Cat Yarns Alley Cat BFL. The green skein was a purchase I made, and Rhonda stuck it into the package with the others. It's called Fern Gully, also WCY Alley Cat BFL.

The pattern I've chosen is Hex by Cookie A. Now I have the hardship to decide which yarn to use first for this pattern. I have many suitable skeins, here are a few examples. I think I will knit this pattern more than once. It really appeals to me.

Hex with English Toffee:

Hex pattern with WCY English Toffee

Hex with Fern Gully:
Hex pattern with WCY Fern Gully

and Hex with Chimney Sweep:

Hex pattern with WCY Chimney Sweep

But before I decide on the yarn, and wind it, I'm going to finish up Maggie's new sweater. 

Thank you Rhonda and Valerie! You are awesome Ladies!

♥ ♥ ♥


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that Dragon Stone looks amazing!!! You lucky gal you :)
xo,
wink

CelticCastOn said...

Beautiful yarns and gorgeous pattern. I'm off to queue it now.
I'm gunning for the English Toffee to use with Hex. I also like Chimney Sweep but I think English Toffee would be amazing!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

i vote English Toffee - and not just because we dyed it with the pattern in mind - but the warm honey-like tones make it perfect for dreary January days!

Glad you like the Dragonstone. I have a skein of it myself - I'll be designing a new shawl with it soon.

Sharon said...

Congratulations! I''m happy for you and a little bit drooling over your prizes. Yay for you!

Diana said...

Congrats :-)) such lovely colors :-))

Rachelle said...

Ooh, that is gorgeous! Hope that my package arrives soon, packages from Canada to NZ have been fairly quick recently so I'm hopeful I can post mine on my blog soon.

lexa said...

Congratulations!

Knit Scrap Labs said...

Ermagerd, lucky you! Those colors are beautiful, I think the English Toffee would make the best socks.

Anonymous said...

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Moni !!! Ein toller Preis.

Ich würde wohl English Toffee verstricken. Die Farbe ist so klasse !!

Liebe Grüße
Nadja