Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How something fun can go wrong quickly!

Happy is a dog who can entertain himself for quite some time. It's always fun to watch him. But this time, he scared the $#@&%# out of me. Thankfully, my son came to the rescue. You see, Happy got a twig logded in the back of his mouth, which stuck really tight between his back teeth. DS reached in and got it out, even though that meant getting his hand chewed up (no blood, just teeth impressions, but still very hurtful. I did that once with Biko, who had the same problem, and boy did that hurt!).

It's always something, isn't it?!!!



7 comments:

charlie girl said...

That's horrible about Happy and the stick, so glad your son was there to help him and nobody needed stitches afterwards.

I watched your attached video and my dogs Penny and Monty have that same squeaky bowling pin and they heard that and were quite perplexed as to where the squeak was from. It was pretty funny to watch, they came up and watched the video then, still confused.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Poor Happy- glad it ended well though! They are just as bad a small children sometimes!

Sharon V said...

Don't you hate it when the pups make your heart kp out of your chest?! Thank goodness all turned out well.

Susan said...

Robbie did that to me once too. I didn't know what was wrong with him and freaked out. I was on the phone with the vet when I felt the stick lodged in his jaw and pulled it out.

Ruth said...

I have a small terrier who is always getting sticks caught in his mouth. I have learned how to pry his mouth open and extract the stick without getting bit. It just takes practice, lots of practice. :)

2paw said...

Vundy the German Shepherd did that too, and I had to pry the stick out of her mouth too. They get so upset and panic I think. Happy really does enjoy a good game and I love seeing Maggie playing there too and Denny as well. I am glad your son was able to save the day. It makes my heart beat faster even thinking about it.

TracyKM said...

My dog has done that too, though it was from front to back. Scary. My son did it once too, with the gold metal lid from a small, single serve juice bottle. Crazy kids!