Friday, June 08, 2012

Handspun Friday - Koi

Today we have some variegated BFL fiber dyed by Jennifer of  Nest Fiber Studio (shop updates are like a feeding frenzy, one has to be really fast to get some of the fiber).  Isn't it lovely?


nest fiber studio-vBFL-4oz-Koi
I turned 4oz into chain plied yarn, 302yds of yummyness.

Nest fiber studio-vBFL-Koi-302yds-chain plied

Nest fiber studio-vBFL-Koi-302yds-chain plied

We've received the second clue of TTL Mystery Shawl 2012 one day earlier. I don't expect to be able to show the next two clues stretched out like that. Can't wait to see how this shawl looks finished. I love knitting with this yarn. It's Wandering Cat Yarns Continental Cat in the colorway Lilac. So nice and soft.

TTL Mystery Shawl 2012 clue # 2 

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
♥ ♥ ♥

9 comments:

Ashley said...

That yarn is absolutely beautiful I wish I could find a skein like that to buy! And I love how your shawl is turning out and the lovely color that you choose.

Virginia G said...

That fiber is lovely! The colors are just great.

And I don't know that I'd have the patience for a mystery KAL, but I guess I should try one before judging.

Love your shawl though. Very pretty.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Pretty!

Carrie K said...

Koi is beautiful! I'm a sucker for blue and orange.

Sangeetha said...

I have always loved your knitted socks as well as your spinning. I have posted a link on my blog to your site I hope it is okay with you. Thanks. Regards.

Mr. Puffy said...

It's beautifully spun ~ and will be even more amazing knit up!!! I'm always a day late and a dollar short when it comes to KALs so instead I'll have fun enjoying watching your progress :) BTW that pic of Denny cuddled with your shawl is too precious ~

craftivore said...

Oh my, that handspun is amazing! Total yarn pron.

2paw said...

Oh, the shawl is growing so nicely and you pin it out so well to show it at its advantage!!

Anonymous said...

This shawl looks beautiful. I hope you are feeling well and working on for your next post on it.

Marianne