Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stinky feet!

It's time to see what I've been spinning this month. Not as much as I'd have liked, but what can you do? I'm very happy about the little 2oz blue Blue Faced Leicester skein, because it's going to be for color work mittens. I still have the second half of the fiber to spin, but for now, I can start with the mittens whenever I'm ready.
Oh! Did you notice my new lamp for my desk? It's a Banker's Lamp, and I've wanted to have one for a long time. I don't care if it's a cheap version from Staples, I just like it.

August 2011 spinning

Last week my son made a run to an European Grocery store, about an hours drive away from us. He brought back some delicious things, like these (Krapfen) donuts! They should be filled with Apricot marmalade, but were filled with Powidl (some dark plum sauce ) instead. Beggars can't be choosers.
To go with it I needed lots of hot tea. At the time I was working on the Peacock hat.

Krapfen!

I was told I'm being very North American with these photos, but really, Maggie, that's not Lady like at all! Nobody wants to see THAT!

Aug. 15-25 Maggie & Denny sleeping

Denny was sleeping beside me, when she decided to position herself next to him. She needs support to be able to ly on her back, or she would fall over (not so Denny, who has a broad back, like a table, no problem with rolling over there). At first he didn't notice, but once she touched him, he woke up.

Aug. 15-26 Maggie & Denny sleeping

"Get your stinky feet off of me!", would have been what I said, maybe he thought so too? Once he was finished smelling her feet, he got up and relocated to the sofa.
***

10 comments:

Freyalyn said...

Yes, very American - but we love you for it. Lovely yarn and pup photos, as usual.

Cloudberry said...

Oh, we call those "Berliner boller". Usually they are filled with raspberry jam here :)

knottygnome said...

i like the lamp. it reminds me of my college library. :-)

Lifesastitch said...

Looks like comfort food.

Lorraine said...

Maggie- for shame!

Virginia G said...

Those photos of the dogs are hilarious!

Sharon said...

That peacock hat is very nice. Is it for you? Lovely.

I cannot believe that Maggie (although showing little decorum) has stinky feet! LOL

2paw said...

I love your lamp, it's great and those Krapfel look so yummy, but an hour is such a long way to go!!
I don;t care if my Labradors show their bellies and bits and bobs!!Poor Maggie looks like she has been censored on a magazine cover. I am sure her feet are never smelly. (I have smelled my girls' feet, when they are clean, and they smell nice!!)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh Maggie! She's certainly not modest!

Anonymous said...

Sadie lets it all hang out like that, too. She has a big table back (I like that term) so she'll sleep sprawled on her back for hours.