Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And there is even yarn in this post!

Happy is 12 weeks now and weighs 25lbs! I can't believe he's gained 6 lbs in one week! How is that possible?
Well, he does sleep a lot during the day. This is one of his afternoon naps. Normally he's not on the sofa for that, but yesterday he had some tummy ache and joined me there. I slipped away to spin, but he stayed there for an hour.

afternoon nap, Happy Aug. 18-12 weeks old-25lbs


afternoon nap, Happy Aug. 18-12 weeks old-25lbs-1

Later that day I was looking for him, when I found him here:

Aug. 18 Biko and Happy in one crate against her will
It's our biggest crate, for Great Danes. Biko likes to hide there, and he joined her. The photo is crappy because it was so dark the camera would not focus, and I've only got one shot, before Biko was out of there.

Today, I guess, is not his growing day, because he's hyper like he had too much coffee. My first yarn casualty! I didn't even know at first, from where he's got it from. He gave it up pretty easily, but I could swear he was smiling with mischief. Now he's back in confinement, so I can write this post in peace. Biko's beside me, and just relaxed with a sigh of relief.

Aug. 19 first yarn casualty

14 comments:

Mo said...

He's so absolutely adorable. He could steal my yarn and totally get away with it!

Unknown said...

I never get tired of seeing pictures of Biko and Happy. How entertaining they are. :) I love the quilted blanket that Happy was laying on. Makes me think I need to start on something quilty.

Carrie K said...

Aw poor Biko. Being a role model is hard. ;)

Bad puppy! But soooo darn cute. They look so cute in that crate together.

Susan said...

Great picture!

Angelika said...

Looks like Happy felt saver next to Biko. Did he kill the yarn before or after the picture. He's growing out of his puppy stage fast and both of his ears are now. How cute.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable pair! Enjoy Happy while he is small, at the rate he is growing he will be as big as Biko in no time! Keep the photos coming - love to see them, and oh, of course your knitting too! Ha ha ha.......

herzlichkreativ said...

Eben vor kurzem aufgestanden, werde ich schon wieder muede, wenn ich Happy schlafend auf dem Sofa sehe. Einfach umwerfend suess, dein Kleiner :-)

illusions said...

I can surely picture the crime scene too :-) The crappy photo is priceless, both are actually sitting together even if for the shortest possible time, amazing!

Renata S. P. said...

Yeah... the puppy is getting bigger!!

Heather at Mad Rose Creations said...

My goodness he is getting big. Seems like he was just a wee little pup the last time I checked in. I love the photo of the two of them together.

momsue84 said...

I have been forgetting to check your blog. Today, bloglines caught me up with three posts. I am amazed at the change in Happy in such a short time. He is really growing and is still so very cute. I love to hear about him sorting things out with Biko.
I love the colors of the MM socks. Did you like knitting with the yarn? I am tempted to order some, if you liked knitting with it. If you didn't, I will pass. I trust your judgment. But, I do love the colors. Any tips?

lookinout said...

Happy is so cute, an they grow so fast.

Your posts only show up on Bloglines less they once a week, then they come all in a bunch.
Hope you're feeling better.

Gillian

Anonymous said...

such nice photos of your darlings!
the little one is sure growing up fast.
i just finished another pair of "kayla"mitts.
a fabulous pattern, fun to knit!
thanks!!!
helga

hakucho said...

Doesn't Happy know he shouldn't mess with your fiber!! Too cute to get mad at though ;) Love those photos!!!