Monday, June 01, 2009

Perfect Weather for Hiking

Yesterday was a beautiful day, sunny but windy and rather on the cool side (14C). I felt chilly all morning until I put knitted socks on. After Lunch I decided to pack up Biko and my son and we went to Mary Lake for a little hike. We've been there once, last fall, without the dogs, since Sam couldn't walk that far, and Biko had to keep him company. This time around she was deliriously happy to join us.

May 31-24

The trail to the lake goes right through some privat grounds, an old farm, where we found pieces of old rusty fences still standing. Pretty, isn't it?

Mary Lake-May 31

Part of the trail was a little swamp like, but since it was very windy it kept the mosquitoes at bay. We had to watch our steps, or we would have been knee deep in mud.

May 31-3
Here's a rare picture of me in FRONT of the camera. It was at the beginning of the walk, and Biko was still hyper excited. On the way back she was walking in a straight line, not looking left or right, pretty tired out. We should do this more often.

***

22 comments:

Renata S. P. said...

Wow!
Beautiful pictures!
I'm sure you ahd Biko enjoyed this hike! She seems very happy =D

Sharon V said...

It was a beautiful day for a hike, looks like. Not getting bitten up my mosquitos is even better!

I'm glad the family had a nice day.

lexa said...

Very pretty pictures! I am normally behind the camera, too. I hate to have my picture taken.

momsue84 said...

Nice outing for all of you. Just what you needed, I think.

sgeddes said...

What a pretty girl! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Hege said...

Great photos!
And you have SUN - it's been raining here for a week now, and it's going to rain for another week due to the weather forecast *sigh* The kids been climbing the walls around here the last couple of days. I'm so glad it's school tomorrow!

Windyridge said...

Looks lovely in those woods!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos! It's also nice to catch a glimpse of you too :)))

I see lots of walks ahead of you this Summer!

Carrie K said...

Gorgeous pictures! Hiking is so much fun.

Marianne said...

Oh she was looking so very happy! What a wonderful time and the photos are all gorgeous!

shannon said...

hiking with a dog is just wonderful. something about the big goofy grins they get. glad biko got to get worn out! :)

Susanne said...

Liebe Monika,
schön, dass Ihr einen so herrlichen Spaziergang gemacht habt. Scheint ein wundervoller Ort zu sein, die Gedanken fliegen zu lassen und durchzuatmen.
Ihr solltet das wirklich viel öfter tun.
Ganz liebe Grüße von
Susanne

Angelika said...

I'm glad you guys had a nice time. Looks like everybody is doing ok. While you were hiking my kids got a sun burn and I got a lot of knitting done at the pool. I was in the shade. I know better, because I lobster.

pat said...

What a beautiful spot you have for a nice hike! Such a happy pup!

Robin said...

Sounds like a great hiking place. Great picture of Biko in front of the fence.

Anonymous said...

Biko looks like the happiest dog in the world! Those pictures are great and it is so beautiful and green where you live.

Frieda said...

So happy that you had such a good day. Looks like Biko enjoyed her adventure as much as you did.

Anonymous said...

Biko looks like she was having a blast! Nimitz does that excited back and forth thing when we get to a trail but does eventually chill out. Eventually...

hannah said...

(somehow I missed out on this log...)

How lovely these pictures are. It must have been a very nice walk. A picture of you! Too bad I still don't know what you look like....

Monica aka Gloria Patre said...

Gosh! It looks like you almost have summer! We're barely into spring! Nice to see a shot of you! Maybe you'll smile next time? (hint! hint!) :o)

2paw said...

Lucky Biko, it looks so green and sunny and I love the last picture of you and Biko with her little frisky jump!!

Knatolee said...

Oh, I love this photo of the two of you! :)