Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Little brown bear ....

My little brown bear block found a new home. Shirley from PEI liked it so much, that she asked me, if I would trade it. I was really happy that she liked it so much, and was glad to send it to her, because the block would have disappeared in my closet for who knows many more years?


... today I found this package in my mail box! I didn't really want anything for the block, but Shirley send me fiber samples! Cashmere! Mohair! Silk hankies! and Kid Mohair locks!!! Wow!
I've spun mohair/wool blend before, but all the others I haven't even touched so far, only read about it, seen it on other blogs. Cashmere is sooooo very soft, but right now, my fingers are too rough, because of the gardening. I have to look at these treasures for a while, enjoy them in their lovely little bags. Thank you, Shirley! You made me very happy!


You all know how much I love my little bloggy here. But sometimes life has a way to bring things into perspective. If you don't hear as much from me as in the past, forgive me. I hope I'll be back in full force soon. I haven't done much fibering through the last weeks, I also hope this will turn around soon.

Stay cool!

14 comments:

Angelika said...

Looks like a win/win situation to me. The bear has a new home and you have some new fiber to play with.

Rhonda said...

I hope you and your family are alright. Good luck with whatever is going on for you. Rhonda

Frieda said...

I hope all is well with you . I enjoy reading and seeing what you're up to knitting and spinning wise , but sometimes a break is in order . I can only manage to blog once or twice a week myself and with Ravelry , computer time takes away from knitting time .

Take care and I'll catch you when you get back !

shannon said...

will be thinking of you. hope all does as it needs...

hugs.

Anonymous said...

Good trade. That bear was really cute. I hope things look up for you and the blog. I know I've been ignoring emails lately and feeling like I want to leave the laptop off in general. Connecting back to real life. :-) We'll see you back soon I hope!

sharon said...

lovely exchange of items. Love your blog and your patterns and will patiently wait for you to have time for us...
I finished my grasshopper scarf - in pumpking fingering weight and will post pictures as soon as I get a chance..

Anonymous said...

i do hope that all is well with you!
at our guild meeting last night i showed off my finished "Kyla" mitts. to much aclaim!
i sang your praises as a knitter and designer and blogger!
all the best, helga

Kris B said...

Nice trade!

Not being able to blog very often is understandable. I hope its the good things in life that is keeping you to busy to blog.

sweetpea said...

Great trade! The work you do inspires me.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I'm so glad your bear found a nice home! He deserved better than being stuck in a closet :)

I hope everything is alright....

Wishing you the best.

Anonymous said...

Hi Monika, you've been tagged (please feel free to ignore, if you don't like to play :)
Arlene

Anonymous said...

Lauter schön Schätzchen....
Ich bin schon auf deine Hankies gespannt!

Wenn ich so recht überlege, gibt es noch unzählige Faserarten, die ich zu gerne probespinnen möchte.
Nach Weihnachten darf ich mir erst wieder Wolle bestellen. Zuerst müssen alle Geschenke angefertigt und die Vorräte aufgebraucht werden.

Pass auf Dich auf und lass' es Dir gutgehen.

Liebe Grüße, Juli

Anonymous said...

Very nice the bear has found a new home.

Have fun with your fibres!!

Violiknit said...

What a sweet trade!